Hello and welcome to our website. We hope you find it interesting and informative.
If you are not already a member, we hope you will read about the struggles in which Noosa Parks Association has been involved, our current challenges and the many activities in which so many of our members are engaged.
We invite you to Join Us in our many causes and interests.
The Aims of Noosa Parks Association
Protecting the natural environment within the greater Noosa-Cooloola region
Encouraging both genuinely sustainable human behaviour and built environments
- Keeping Noosa distinctly different from over-developed resort areas.
- Protecting Noosa Woods and the Spit as a recreational area safe from development.
- Keeping the Noosa River and its lakes the most natural in Queensland.
- Preserving the Marcus Beach high dunes as a greenbelt between the communities of Marcus Beach and Sunrise Beach.
- Extending Cooloola National Park south to the banks of the Noosa River by way of acquisition of North Shore land.
- Securement of Ringtail and Yurol Forests’ protection as national park, thus ensuring continuation of the protective green belt and preservation of wildlife corridors around/through the Noosa Biosphere Reserve.
- Remaining constantly vigilant against development projects which could threaten Noosa's superb natural environment.
- Protecting Noosa’s lifestyle and the Noosa Biosphere Reserve through the return of self-governance to the Noosa region.
- Creating a true exemplar of real sustainability and effective community by the creation of a new Noosa Shire Council.
- Achieving World Heritage nomination and then listing for the Cooloola Section of the Great Sandy National Park.
- National Heritage listing for the Noosa National Park, the Noosa River and the Noosa lakes system.
Next page: President's Annual Report